Blackberry Honey Jam
Yields 4 pints of jam
Write a review
- 3 lbs fresh blackberries
- 1 3⁄4 cups honey
- 2 large Granny Smith apples
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Wash the blackberries and place in a large stockpot.
- Slice the apple into quarters and remove the core. Grate both apples, leaving the skin on. Add to pot with blackberries then add honey and lemon juice.
- Heat on high until the mixture begins to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes
- Use an immersion blender (or potato masher) to puree blackberries until smooth and there are no chunks.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for an additional 30-45 minutes, based on consistency. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Place in prepared (sterilized) jars, leaving 1⁄4 inch headspace at the top and can using a water bath. Process for 10 minutes.
At Home On The Range https://livingstonkitchenshop.com/