Servings: 4 servings
- 3/4 cup butter divided
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger paste
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 3⁄4 inch chunks
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek powder optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Basmati rice for serving
- Naan for serving
- Cilantro for serving
- Heat 1⁄4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until soft and lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Add ginger and garlic, stirring for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and cook about 5-7 minutes, or until chicken is done. Flip and stir often to ensure even cooking.
- Add the spices to the chicken and stir to combine. Add the remaining 1⁄2 cup butter, stirring frequently until melted.
- Add the heavy cream and tomato sauce and stir to combine. Simmer 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened and reduced slightly. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve over rice or with naan.