There’s something really comforting about a cheese fondue on a snowy winter night – and if you feel the need to don bell bottoms and play disco music, hey, no judgement. Just try to keep any spills out of the shag carpet.
- 3 cups shredded cheddar
- 3 cups shredded gouda
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese optional
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 clove garlic sliced in half
- 1 cup beer or chicken stock
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add cheddar and gouda to a bowl and toss with cornstarch.
- Rub the inside of a fondue pot with the cut side of a garlic clove, then discard garlic. Pour the beer or chicken stock into the pot and place over medium-low heat. When it starts to bubble, add the cheese one handful at a time, stirring until melted. Add the mustard powder and season to taste with salt and pepper. If using blue cheese, add and stir until melted and smooth. Keep on low heat until ready to serve.
assorted crackers and breads
assorted fruits like grapes and apples
Place the fondue pot on a board or serving table. Arrange your sausage, breads, crackers, fruits, vegetables and nuts around the pot. Serve and enjoy!