Summer would not be summer with out some rustic fruit pies, crumbles and cobblers hitting the table. While we love all of the above, we specifically love this crumble for its laid-back, easy going nature. No fuss with pie crust —just a little chopping, a little stirring, a quick topping and you’ve got yourself a delicious summer dessert!
Cherry Plum Crumble
- 3 cups cherries stemmed and pitted
- 4 medium plums pitted and sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 ⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 ⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 ⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 10-inch pie pan.
- In a large bowl combine fruit and toss with lemon juice, cornstarch and sugar. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, stir once more and transfer to pie pan.
- In another bowl, stir flour, oats, almonds, brown sugar and salt together. Cut butter into small chunks and add to the bowl. Use your fingers to press the butter into the other ingredients. Make sure butter is small and evenly dispersed.
- Sprinkle the topping over the fruit and bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden and the fruit is bubbling. Let cool 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with your favorite ice cream.