You really can’t go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter – unless you’re looking at the calorie count. If you want your chocolate peanut butter fix without the guilt, this is for you! Talk about a GREAT way to start your morning or maybe a fun way to surprise your loved one with breakfast in bed! Skip the eggs, try this smoothie bowl! If you haven’t caught the bowl craze, by all means add a little more almond milk and make a good old fashioned smoothie in a glass. Cheers!
Chocolate Almond Butter Smoothie Bowl
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter or other nut butter
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds optional
- 1-2 scoops protein powder optional
- 1 ⁄2 banana sliced for topping
- chocolate granola for topping
- almond butter to drizzle
- berries for topping
- cacao nibs for topping
- Combine bananas, almond milk, nut butter, cacao powder, and chia seeds and/or protein powder if using, in a blender. Puree until completely smooth – the mixture should be thick. If it's too thick to completely blend, add a bit more milk and blend again.
- Transfer to a bowl and add toppings as desired. Enjoy!