Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone and Honey
- 6 large ripe peaches halved and pits removed
- Oil for grill
- 6 tablespoons honey plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- Loaf of your favorite country bread sliced
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and oil to avoid sticking.
- Place the peaches cut side down onto the grill and cook until lightly charred, 2-3 minutes. Transfer peaches, cut sides up, to a grill proof dish and drizzle with the 6 tablespoons honey. Sprinkle with thyme, then place the dish on the grill and cover.
- Continue to cook until the peaches are soft, about 5 minutes.
- While peaches are cooking, toss the sliced bread on the grill to toast, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove the dish and toasted bread from the grill. Divide the mascarpone between the slices of bread and spread evenly, then top with 2 peach halves and a drizzle of honey. Serve immediately.