Crispy Hasselback Potatoes
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes about 6 oz. each
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Flaky sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. With a sharp knife, cut across each potato to create 1/8 inch sections, making sure not to cut all the way through the potato, but 2/3 of the way down. This will leave about 1⁄2 inch base at the bottom. Repeat with all potatoes.
- Place the potatoes cut side up on the baking sheet, giving each one plenty of space.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, olive oil and parsley. Drizzle over the potatoes and use a pastry brush to spread evenly between the slices of each potato. Sprinkle generously with flaky sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, use tongs to squeeze the base of the potato and open up the folds. Using a pastry brush, brush the mixture from the pan over the top of the potatoes and in the folds.
- Roast another 30 minutes, until the largest potato is fork tender. Serve hot.