Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers about 2-3 inches in length
- 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 12 slices bacon
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat it with cooking spray. Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and ribs.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onions, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Fill each jalapeno with the cheese mixture.
- Cut the slices of bacon in half crosswise and wrap each pepper half in a slice of bacon. Use a toothpick to secure the bacon (see Note).
- Arrange the peppers on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until bacon is crispy. Serve immediately.
To prevent toothpick from burning in the oven, soak in water for 1 hour before using.