Lemon Garlic Chicken
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 quart water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1 lemon sliced
- Fill a large bowl with 1 quart of warm water and 1⁄4 cup salt. Stir to combine until salt is absorbed. Add chicken breasts and let them brine for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove from water, rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, garlic, chicken broth and lemon juice. Pour the mixture into a large baking dish and place the chicken breasts on top. Using a pastry brush, brush the chicken breasts with the butter mixture until coated on both sides. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, while quickly basting the chicken with the butter mixture from the pan every 5 minutes. Bake until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside. The inside temperature should measure between 160-170°F.
- Remove from the oven and brush with butter mixture once more. Cover loosely with aluminum foil for 5-10 minutes to rest.
- Serve immediately with fresh parsley and additional lemon slices.