Mini Frosted Donuts
Servings: 16 donuts
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoons milk divided
- 8 tablespoons butter divided
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- food coloring if desired
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and 1⁄2 cup brown sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons milk, 4 tablespoons melted butter, Greek yogurt and eggs. Stir into the dry mixture, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour batter into a piping bag or gallon-sized plastic bag with the corner sniped off. Pipe the batter into a greased mini donut pan, filling about 1⁄2 full.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip the pan to remove the donuts from the pan to cool.
- Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter with 1⁄2 cup brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in white chocolate chips until melted. Bring to a low boil for about 2 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons milk and bring back to a boil. Add powdered sugar, and stir. Use the last 2 tablespoons of milk to help thin out the frosting if needed. Add several drops of food coloring, if desired, until you reach the color you want. Whisk until colored throughout. Keep over low heat and dunk each mini donut into the frosting. Add sprinkles immediately and set aside to cool and set.