Yup, that’s right, this is our third vegan post in a row. As we close in on the March 24th plant based cooking class, we’re stocking our recipe posts with some vegan options. While not exactly a health food, these plant based cookies are a treatful splurge that will fill your craving for a sweet treat.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks Earth Balance vegan buttery sticks
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Ener-G egg replacer
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2½ – 3 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- 16 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Mix egg replacer and water until combined and there are no lumps. Set aside. Sift together flour and baking soda. Add rolled oats to flour and stir until evenly combined. Cream buttery sticks and sugars together in a stand mixer on medium speed with the paddle attachment. Add egg replacer mixture, and vanilla and beat until incorporated. Add dry ingredients and mix on low until combined. Remove bowl from stand mixer and stir in chocolate chips by hand. Roll dough into 1 inch diameter balls and place on a parchment or silicone mat lined baking sheet in four rows of three. Bake for 17 minutes or until golden and still slightly soft.