Orange Ginger Bourbon Cocktail with Brandied Cherries
- 2 oz orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1.5 tsp orange ginger simple syrup see below
- Dash of bitters
- 1 jar brandied cherries with syrup
Orange ginger simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 inches fresh ginger peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- Orange peels from half an orange
Orange cinnamon rimming sugar
- 1/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp orange zest, finely grated
To make simple syrup:
- In a medium pot, combine water, sugar, ginger and orange peels. Bring mixture to a boil until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Cover pot with lid and let steep for 20 minutes. Remove ginger and orange peels. Transfer to an airtight container to refrigerate until ready to use.
To make rimming sugar:
- Combine all ingredients in a shallow bowl or dish.
Putting it all together:
- Fill a large cocktail mixing glass with ice and add orange juice, bourbon, simple syrup, a dash of bitters and 1 teaspoon syrup from brandied cherries. Stir with a long mixing spoon for 1 minute. Dip glass rim in water then in sugar mixture. Strain into glass and garnish with brandied cherry and orange peel.