Quick Pad Thai
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 ounces flat rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or coconut oil
- 8 ounces tofu chicken breast or peeled shrimp, diced into 1 inch cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts
For the sauce-
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha more or less to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Chili flakes to taste
- Juice of 1⁄2 lime
- green onions
- lime wedges
- chili flakes
- roasted peanuts
- Cook noodles according to package instructions, just until tender. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of oil in a large wok over medium-high heat. Add the tofu, shrimp or chicken, garlic, ginger and bell pepper. Give everything a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste. If using shrimp, they will cook quickly, about 2 minutes on each side or until pink. If using chicken, about 3-4 minutes, flipping once. If using tofu, sear until crispy, about 1 minute on all sides.
- Turn the heat to low, and push everything to the side of the pan and add a little more oil. Add the beaten eggs, scrambling and breaking into small pieces as they cook.
- Add noodles, sauce, bean sprouts and peanuts to the pan. Toss everything to combine.
- Top with green onions, cilantro, lime wedges, chili flakes, extra roasted peanuts and serve immediately.