Seared Scallops with Strawberry Cucumber Relish
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 lbs. medium to large scallops
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups ripe strawberries diced
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 small English cucumbers diced
- 1/4 cup arugula chopped
- 1/4 cup basil finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Mix strawberries, shallot, cucumbers, arugula, basil, and vinegar in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste until there is a balance of sweet and sour.
- Mix sriracha mayo in a small bowl to combine. Season with salt to taste and set aside.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Dry the scallops really well with a paper towel and then season with salt and pepper. When the butter/oil starts to simmer, add the scallops to the skillet and cook, not turning for about 3 minutes. Or until the scallop starts to pull away from the pan and the cooked portion is about halfway up the side. Flip and cook another minute or two, until cooked through.
- Remove scallops and transfer to a serving platter. Serve scallops on top of a bed of salsa or top each scallop with salsa. Add a dollop of sriracha mayo, or serve on the side.