Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Servings: 12 servings
- 24 mushrooms about 2-inch in diameter, stems removed
- 1 lb. bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 4 ounces grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Sprigs of thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Hollow out each mushroom cap, reserving the inside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 4-5 minutes until translucent. Add sausage and mushroom cap reserves. Cook until sausage is browned, 6-7 minutes. Drain and discard the grease.
- Transfer sausage to a bowl and mix in 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, cream cheese, bread crumbs, garlic and parsley into the sausage mixture. Stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper and mix again.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with sausage mixture, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan, and arrange filling side up in a baking dish.
- Bake until mushrooms are tender and filling is brown on top, about 20 minutes. Garnish with fresh thyme.