Servings: 4 servings
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 oz pasta
- Fresh parmesan
- bread crumbs optional
- Puree tomatoes in a blender or food processor until they’re as smooth or chunky as you prefer. Transfer to a large Dutch oven. Add garlic, oil, a large pinch of salt and some cracked black pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce has reduced by about 1/3, about 30 minutes. Stir in butter then taste and season additionally as needed.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Saving about 1⁄2 cup of the pasta water before draining.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce, adding pasta water as needed if it becomes to dry. Top with parmesan and bread crumbs, if desired, and serve.