Slow Cooker Pork Ramen
- 2-3 lbs boneless pork shoulder cut into 3 equal pieces
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 ⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 ⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups mushrooms of your choice, cleaned and sliced
- 1 lb fresh ramen noodles
- 4 soft boiled eggs
- 4 green onions white and pale green parts chopped
- Julienned carrots
- Season the pork with salt.
- Heat either a frying pan or your flameproof slow cooker on the stovetop over medium-high heat. Add oil and allow to get hot. Add pieces of pork and sear them on the first side without moving until well browned, 3-4 minutes. Turn and repeat on the second side, 3-4 minutes longer. If using a frying pan, transfer everything to your slow cooker.
- Combine seared pork, broth, soy sauce, vinegar, onion, garlic, ginger, chili paste, lime juice and brown sugar in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7.5 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred. Turn slow cooker to high and return shredded pork to the pot along with the sliced mushrooms. Cover again and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add noodles and cook 5 minutes or until noodles are done.
- Spoon into bowls and top with soft boiled eggs and your choice of garnishes.