Sweet & Spicy Pigs In a Blanket
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1.5 lbs. small cocktail sausages about 2 packages
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha optional depending on desired spice level
- 1 lb. Crescent roll dough 2 sheets
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Sesame seeds
Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, fry sausage until they are heated through and start to caramelize on the outside.
- Add the brown sugar, ketchup, cayenne pepper and Worcestershire. Stir until coated then fry for a few more minutes until sauce thickens and coats the sausages completely. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place one sheet of dough on a lightly floured surface. Cut lengthwise into 1-inch strips using a pizza cutter or knife. Then, depending on how thick your sausages are, cut each strip into 3-4 pieces.
- Wrap each sausage with a strip of dough and pinch the edges to seal. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush each with egg wash, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 10-13 minutes until crescent dough is golden brown and puffed.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- To make the dip, stir everything together and mix well. Then serve with warm pigs in a blanket.