White Chocolate Pretzel Mummies
- 20 pretzel rods
- 12 ounces high quality white melting chocolate
- candy eyeballs
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Dip pretzel rods into the chocolate, covering about 2/3 of the pretzel. Gently tap against the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Place two candy eye balls on each pretzel and push until set. Place on a sheet of waxed paper to allow the chocolate to firm up. Repeat with remaining pretzels.
- Carefully spoon remaining chocolate into a zip-top bag with a snipped corner or a squeeze bottle. Drizzle white chocolate over pretzels to make the mummy wraps, avoiding the eyes. Let chocolate set before serving!
Meringue Ghost Cookies
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 ⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- candy eyes or black frosting
- Preheat oven to 200°F, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl with a hand-held mixer, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla on medium speed until frothy. Gradually add in sugar and increase the speed to medium-high. Beat until stiff peaks form, about 6 minutes. When you pull the mixer out of the egg whites the peaks should stand straight up and not droop.
- Spoon the meringue into a piping bag fitted with a round tip, or into a zip-top bag with the corner snipped off. Pipe swirls onto the prepared baking sheet and add candy eyes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1.5 hours or until the meringues are dry and crisp. Turn off the oven and allow the ghosts to dry as the oven cools down.
- Ghosts will keep at room temperature for up to 3 days.