Quiche is a great go-to recipe. It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch or lunch, can easily be adapted to many different flavor profiles, and best of all can be made ahead and quickly reheated.
If you want to make a homemade crust, we suggest the crust from our pear and blueberry slab pie, but you can certainly use your own favorite crust recipe, store bought, or even no crust at all!
- 1 prebaked store-bought or homemade crust crustless is also an option!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 4 large mushrooms sliced
- 1 ⁄4 cup tomatoes diced
- 1 ⁄4 cup olives sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 ⁄4 milk or cream
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil or butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic for 6-8 minutes until soft and fragrant. Add zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes and olives. Cook for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, sour cream and milk. Whisk until combined. Add seasonings and whisk again. Add cheese and veggies to bowl and stir well.
- Pour filling into prebaked pie crust (or greased pie dish if you are going crustless) and transfer to oven. Bake for 45 minutes until lightly browned on top and set. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.